Chris Gregory Hoof Knives
Why use a Chris Gregory Hoof Knife?
The Chris Gregory collection of hoof knives are the result of many years of experience from famous knife makers Morkniv/Frost and Chris Gregory. They came together in 2011 to develop this new knife, and it has become the choice of top farriers everywhere.
The blade is a low-stain, high carbon steel that is hard enough to hold an edge, yet malleable enough to be sharpened to a razor edge in minutes.
Angle and blade slope allow the skilled farrier to make a flawless sole without scallops and lines that are common with scoop and drop blade knives.
The blade comes out of the center of the handle for more power and precision control.
The Rooster Tail
- The Rooster Tail is the name that we gave to the hoof pick on the end of the handle. This is designed to clean out the foot and be an aid for hot fitting.
- Cleaning the feet with the rooster tail will save your knife blade by allowing you to get rid of all the potential rocks and dirt that can dull or chip the edge.
- Ideal for hot fitting; you will really like having the extra tool for pushing the shoe into the clip fit, or placing it on one side with the Rooster Tail.
- Additionally, the Rooster Tail is made larger enough to be modified to fit your individual preference.
- Left or right hand knife
- Long or short handle
- Buy the Sharpening Kit w/2 knives and get a bundle discount